Why do I need a Homebuyer or Full Building Survey?
A common question is: “why do I need a survey when the mortgage company is already doing one?”
Did you know that only 1 in 5 homebuyers in the UK arrange a survey!! Yet 4 out of 5 think they do, as they believe that a mortgage valuation is sufficient: Wrong!! The mortgage valuation is to help make a lending decision, it is not a survey!!
Why gamble with one of the biggest decisions in your life? You wouldn’t buy a car without an MOT!! Why spend your life savings on a house without a survey to give you peace of mind!!
Paramount RICS (Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) Homebuyer Report with or without valuation
An economical survey and condition report for the cost conscious home buyer. Choose this report if you’re buying a conventional modern house, flat or bungalow built from common building materials and in reasonable condition. It focuses purely on the condition of the property by setting out the following:
- Clear ‘traffic light’ 1, 2 & 3 ratings of the condition of different parts of the building, services, garage and outbuildings, showing problems that require varying degrees of attention, including 12 photographs.
- A summary of the risks to the condition of the building.
- Other matters including guarantees, planning and building control issues for your legal advisers.
- It will provide an overall opinion of the general condition of the property;
- The Homebuyer Report comes with or without an optional valuation by a RICS Registered Valuer.
Paramount “Full” Building Survey
The Paramount Building Survey is just that; and is generally recommended for older properties built before 1950. It’s an extensive investigation of the property and results in a comprehensive report on the property condition presented in an easily readable, clearly presented format. In addition to containing all the elements of a headline Survey it also reports on serious structural defects that threaten the stability and safety of the structure; and all other repairs that, in the surveyors opinion require attention either now or at some time in the future to put the property into, or maintain it in, good condition for its age and type.
This detailed inspection reports on:
- Clear ‘traffic light’ 1, 2 & 3 ratings of the condition of different parts of the building, services, garage and outbuildings, showing problems that require varying degrees of attention, including around 50 photographs.
- Serious structural defects that threaten the stability and safety of the structure.
- Essential repairs that require attention within six to twelve months.
- Guideline budgets for all defects and repairs.
- Other repairs that will require attention but are not considered urgent.
- Matters for your solicitor.
- Rebuild costs for insurance purposes.
At Paramount Associates Ltd we offer a friendly and professional service. Our level of customer care and commitment to our clients has brought us repeat business from those who want to work with people who are always prepared to go the extra mile. Our motto is: ‘proud to be professional’. Contact us today to find out why.
Why choose Paramount to do your survey?
- Our company motto is “Proud to be Professional” and we’ve built a reputation locally for our friendly, effective and responsive service. We have 100% customer satisfaction rate.
- We save you money. Our Full Building Surveys tell you how much money it will cost to carry out any repairs identified in our report, on average we identify over £13,000 of defects to each property.
- It’s simple and easy to commission a survey with us……….just give us a call on 01670 715915, then we do the rest!
- We are easily contactable and you can speak direct to the Surveyor if you have any questions regarding your report.
- Our reports are in plain English with photographs and are easy to understand.
Why do you need an independent RICS survey when buying a property?
- To give you peace of mind!
- To represent your interests..…not just your lender’s!
- To give you a simple to follow health check on your new property!
- To tell you the true condition of the property!
- To enable you to buy with confidence!
- To enable you to plan for the future costs of ownership?